My trip to Himachal Pradesh


Last month I went to Shimla with my family. We started our trip with Rohtang Pass, Manali. Manali is the gateway to Rohtang pass beyond which lie the twin valley, Manali is recognized as valley of gods. The pass is open from June to October each year although trekkers can cross it easier.

We had a trip of 8 days and 8 nights and we visited Manali, Shimla and many other places too.

Trekking to Anjani Mahadev, first by point and then by foot is the best part of visiting Solang. It’s like an Amaranath Yatra, Solang valley, sky rope, paragliding, ice games; pony rides etc at Solang valley are the most popular things that people do. It’s quite enjoyable but can be a bit crowded at times visit to Anjani Mahadev from Solang is a lesser known but most awe-ins-pining things to do in Solang and guess what it’s even more adventurous than the paragliding on our way, my father got to ride a horse that (as the pony luella claimed) was ridden by our prime Minister Narender Modi. Our trip to the Shivling can ice formation in form of Shivling) and back should take about 2 hours max from Solang Valley as the base point.

Anjani Mahadev

It was really great experience. Then we went to Jakhu Temple. This is 2.5km east of the Ride. It is at 2455m above the sea level and is also the highest peak in Shimla.

Jakhu Temple

The day I and my family did our climb was a rainy day. So I had an umbrella that could also be used as a walking stick, when it was not Raining. I had vowed myself that I will walk as much as I could. Some monkeys swayed on the trees nearby, some just sat there under thick clumps of leaves to stay dry from the dazzle. The temple was very beautiful.

Then went Renuka Lake, Which is the longest lake of Himachal Pradesh which is fed by underground springs and is surrounded by green dense forest. This is indeed a beautiful picnic; Boating is the main attraction .There is also a mini zoo which we could not visit due to paucity of time. It’s good for family outing.

At last we went to mall road which is lined with plenty of hotel and shopping opportunities. That explains the top three things you can do around here sleep eat and shop. It was great experience of mine. I and my family enjoyed very much in this trip.

mall road, shimla

No comments

Powered by Blogger.